Pregnancy/ Diabetes Question?

I am 17 weeks pregnant and found out, less then 2 weeks ago I have diabetes. After crying, I buckled down, started walking everyday, watching what I eat and now my sugar is under 150 (weekly average of 130) My midwife, says that is still too high and I need to be admitted to the hospital and take insulin... I... show more I am 17 weeks pregnant and found out, less then 2 weeks ago I have diabetes. After crying, I buckled down, started walking everyday, watching what I eat and now my sugar is under 150 (weekly average of 130) My midwife, says that is still too high and I need to be admitted to the hospital and take insulin...

I disagree... I feel that it is coming down (again, just found out less than two weeks ago) and want to do it the natural way. I put in a call to the dr and hopefully should hear from him tomorrow. What do you guys think.....