How can I calculate this using GPE KE AND SPE!!?

I am having difficulty calculating the math for my roller coaster! It starts at 100 ft, goes down a 50ft hill,goes through a 15ft fall,goes down 50 more ft,goes 100ft,goes through 15ft loop, goes through 10 ft hill and goes over a 5 ft hill and props 10 ft

Favorite Answer

Gravitational Potential Energy is calculated through this equation: mgh (mass x gravity x height(meters) First this you want to do is convert everything into meters.

Next you will find the total amount of energy in the system using mgh. Since mass is a constant in this, it doesn't matter. (as long as you eliminate this in the entire equation.) 980 Joules of energy (or 1000 if you use 10 instead of 9.8 for gravity)

Other than that, I'm not quite sure what you are asking. You can use PE = mgh or you can use KE = 1/2mv^2 (you will most likely have to use both)