Is it me or does Obama kind of talk a lot but doesn't really do anything?

Was Bush like this too?

Update:

I voted for Barack, but maybe he doesn't really have any say, like he's just working for rich people like all the smart people think.

16 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Come on, if your guy had doubled the stock market from 6,500 to 13,000, you’d be giving him the Congressional Medal of Honor! If your guy had killed bin Laden, you’d be personally chiseling his face on Mt. Rushmore!

Since Obama took office:... The Dow has DOUBLED 6500 to 13000; .....GDP is Up from minus 9% to 2%; ......28 months of Job GAINS after Bush LOSING 4 million jobs in 2008; .....record corporate profits 2010 -11. Bin laden is dead and GM is alive.

President Obama’s many admirable accomplishments include (but are not limited to):

Gave out the largest middle class tax break in history

Passed Health Care Reform, expanding coverage to 32 M more Americans, and it will cut health care costs, fixed the preexisting conditions travesty and caps in health insurance

Passed the Stimulus – now we have had 34 straight months of job growth (1/13)

Added more than 5.2 million private sector jobs

Reformed the financial system so we never again have taxpayer-funded bailouts, and the system is more stable and secure

Ended the war in Iraq, began draw-down of Afghanistan troops, eliminated Osama bin Laden

Turned around the U.S. Auto industry

Repealed ‘Don’t Ask Don’t Tell’

Helped topple Moammar Gaddafi, told Mubarak to go

Reversed Bush torture policies

Improved America’s image abroad

Kicked banks out of Federal Student Loan Program saving students money

Expanded the Pell Grant program making more college loans available

Cracked down on bad for-profit colleges

Started a program of competitive grants to help and reward states for education reform

Boosted fuel efficiency standards

Coordinated international response to financial crisis

Passed mini stimuli to help families and spur economy, extended UI

Cut payroll taxes

Increased support for veterans

Tightened Sanctions on Iran

Created conditions to begin closing dirtiest power plants

Overhauled the credit card industry, making it much more consumer-friendly

Created the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau with Elizabeth Warren

Passed Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act to help women get equal pay for equal work

Appointed two women to the Supreme Court, one the first Hispanic

Improved our food safety system

Achieved a new START treaty with Russia

Expanded wilderness and watershed Protection

Forced tobacco manufacturers to disclose all ingredients in their products

Pushed federal agencies to go more green

Passed Fair Sentencing Act

Trimmed and reoriented missile defense saving $1.4 B

Invested in renewable technology

Improved school nutrition

Expanded Hate Crimes protections

Brokered agreement for speedy compensation to victims of Gulf Oil Spill

Created Recovery.gov, independent board of inspectors looking for fraud and abuse

Pushed broadband coverage

Expanded the Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP)

Expanded stem cell research

Helped wronged Native American farmers the government had cheated

Helped South Sudan declare independence

Killed the F-11, saving estimated $4 B

Ordered an audit of government contracts to combat waste and abuse

5.9 million homeowners were helped with their mortgages and avoided foreclosure

Got help for people whose health was injured during the clean-up after the 9/11 attacks.

What has Obama Done? Here Are 200 Accomplishments With Citations

http://pleasecutthecrap.typepad.com/main/what-has-...

What has Obama Done?

http://www.whathasobamadone.org/

Gross Domestic Product Graph

http://www.bea.gov/newsreleases/national/gdp/gdp_g...

Obama accomplishments

http://www.barackobama.com/

http://obamaachievements.org/list

http://pleasecutthecrap.typepad.com/main/what-has-...

On the right hand side see links to Obama’s promises kept, broken, working on…

http://www.politifact.com/search/?q=obameter

##

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

The job of a representative is to represent, he is only a representation of our country. The White House missed a wonderful opportunity on Feb. 17. It should have leaked a press release, perhaps only to North Korea, regarding President Obama's round of golf with Tiger Woods. Several details would have been highlighted. First, while Woods shot an impressive 5 under 67, the president shot a remarkable 21 under 51. Second, Obama had seven holes in one, including the 587-yard 14th. Third, Obama choose to carry a water hazard by skipping the ball across the water. Finally, Obama played from both the left and right sides of the ball, alternating with each hole, and was blindfolded on all of the par threes. It would have been interesting to see North Korea's reply to this information.

Bush had a avoid obcession of clearing brush at the Crawford Ranch in TX.

• justa
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

Bush had six years of a congress that was all his, no matter what he did, good or bad, they gave him his head.

Obama had a scarce two years before having to meet the solid Republican House who stopped thing in their tracks. And made no bones about it, they were open in their aim to make him a one term president.

Its important though to remember than a president doesn't make law, congress does, he can only approve or not sign what comes in front of him, and sometimes he'll sign something, like the sequester, where he feels that would be a reason for congress to work together because the consequences would be so bad. But they didn't.

Bush talked very little, and did a lot, most of it damaging to our country. Unpaid for wars, underfunding and under-staffing of bureaus he didn't like, he didn't make good appointments, you might remember Heckuva Job Brownie as people were dying in New Orleans.

Obama isn't perfect by any means, but he's not gotten any support at all, not even for the good of the country, and anyone saying he doesn't have the good of the country in mind is simply blind.

• 8 years ago

If you’ve got a business you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen.

“I do think at a certain point you’ve made enough money.

I think when you spread the wealth around, it’s good for everybody.

I mean, if you think about if you think about it, UPS and FedEx are doing just fine, right? No, they are. It’s the Post Office that’s always having problems.

I am not in favor of concealed weapons. I think that creates a potential atmosphere where more innocent people could (get shot during) altercations.

I’ve got two daughters. 9 years old and 6 years old. I am going to teach them first of all about values and morals. But if they make a mistake, I don’t want them punished with a baby.

Barack Obama a president to be proud of!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

Forget his talking. His actions are destroying this country. Just Obama Care will add 6 trillion to the deficit, add to the unemployment rolls and actually end up with fewer people with insurance then if it had not been implemented.

iris 054 is peeing into the wind. Good luck with that. Hope you have enough money to insulate your self from what Obama is doing to this country.

The stupid are certainly out this evening.

• ?
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

You voted for Barack? NO WAY! I am shocked that someone that pays no attention and receives from government voted for Barack.

And of course he doesn't really do anything and yaps allot. That's all he needs to do to get people like you A's fans to coo over him because celebs tweet about how great he is.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

well what would you want him to do? Have you sent him a letter about it? From recent polls, it shows that only slightly more than 10% of people have EVER written to a person in the federal government.

Maybe if you did so, you could accomplish something...

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Obama is all talk and very little action. It was told to me that Obama can't really do anything. Why then, was he elected President if this is so?

• John
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

Bush didn't promise a lot. Obama promises everything and does nothing.

• 8 years ago

Yes he does, its damn near obvious that his speeches are on place cards cause he's screwed up and had to look twice cause he couldn't read them on a couple of occasions. he's one of the most embarrassing presidents yet.

• RJC
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

He talks a lot then goes golfing

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.