How to quickly heal a bruised ankle?

I was doing a varial kickflip and landed wrong twice. The first time was when it hurt the most but the pain was gone in less than 2 minutes. After it stopped to hurt I thought that it was nothing and went back on the board. A couple minutes later the same thing happened and it barely hurt but it was in the exact... show more I was doing a varial kickflip and landed wrong twice. The first time was when it hurt the most but the pain was gone in less than 2 minutes. After it stopped to hurt I thought that it was nothing and went back on the board. A couple minutes later the same thing happened and it barely hurt but it was in the exact same spot. It did not start to hurt until a couple hours after I stopped skating but now it hurts like hell and I am wearing an ankle brace. Will drinking a ton of water help heal it faster, or putting ice on it, or anything like that? I want to get back on my board asap.

Should I see a doctor if it still hurts this bad in a couple of days? I have a feeling that it might, I have had sprained ankles, chipped ankle bones, and it did not hurt as bad as it does now.
Update: Edit: After the second time the pain also went away and I kept on skating for another hour or two. 2-3 hours after I stopped was when the pain really started to come. I got off my couch and could barely walk without hopping on one leg or barely putting any pressure on the ankle.
1 answer 1