My cat bit me. Cat psychology advice?

I have three cats. We got our elderly cat pilchard aged 11, and he needed a bit of work until he was a calm and well behaved cat. I got a kitten, Muffins six months ago, and he is still a little boisterous but hes a kitten so that's t be expected. All in all he has turned out well. I understand how both of... show more I have three cats. We got our elderly cat pilchard aged 11, and he needed a bit of work until he was a calm and well behaved cat. I got a kitten, Muffins six months ago, and he is still a little boisterous but hes a kitten so that's t be expected. All in all he has turned out well. I understand how both of their minds work and can usually judge their moods. I have a good system for when they do things wrong, tailored to each of them. Pilchard rarely misbehaves but clapping my hands and hissing at him works fine. Muffins needs to be taken by the scruff of the neck, hissed at, and put in his carrier for two minutes. It sounds a little harsh but he literally will repeat his misbehaviour right after unless i do this. After being shut away, if he goes to do the thing again, I hiss at hm and he stops right away, because he knows if he continues he will be shut away.

we got a six month old cat two months ago called Sansa. Her old family didnt treat her very well; left her alone for long periods and because of this she was i disciplined, so when they were home to spend time with her and she misbehaved, they disciplined her very harshly - shouting at her, chucking her across the room,cor throwing things at her. We knew she would be a challenge, but when we were offered her, we wanted to get her out of that environment.

I don't understand Sansa at all. She does not like to be picked up or petted, and she fights with the other cats. By this, I mean she won't bother them unless they walk close to her, or god forbid, come too close to her bowl when she's eating (they all eat together in a row, usually quite happily). We introduced them to her slowly,many although there was hostility at first, I can trust her not to fight seriously with the others when I'm not around.

I'm writing this, because I was petting Sansa, and she wasn't giving off any signs of discomfort (she is very vocal, and not afraid to run away if she doesn't like what you are doing). She rarely stays around while i am petting her for more than five seconds. Anyway, I was stroking her and she turned around and bit me. She didn't break the skin, but this is the first time she has done something like that totally unprovoked.

How do I bond with Sansa better? If i offer her pet treats for good behaviour (which should have worked as she loves food of any sort - i have to defend my own food while i eat) she attacks my hand and will bite it in her haste to get her treat. She isn't necessarily meaning to bite me, I'm just in her way - but I want her to be more gentle. If i play with her with cat toys, she is so strong and vicious that she is actually frightening. She breaks any sort of 'fishing line' style toys, and will claw any body parts that come near while she's playing. Sometimes if our cats are VERY bad (biting), we would rap them on the nose and say 'no' loudly. Sansa doesn't seem to be bothered by this in any way. Hissing at her or spraying water is the same. Shutting her away is not an option because i know what will happen if i grab her in an an angry manner (still got the claw marks), and she actually doesn't mind sitting in a cat box or a small room for long periods anyway, so it won't be a deterrent.
Update: Okay people are clearly thinking i abuse my cat. I do not hit the cat. I tap him on the nose, and put him in the carrier. I do not shake him or throw him. I do not tap his nose hard. I don't scream in his face. Don't say I know nothing about cats, i researched carefully when I got my first cat, and I would... show more Okay people are clearly thinking i abuse my cat. I do not hit the cat. I tap him on the nose, and put him in the carrier. I do not shake him or throw him. I do not tap his nose hard. I don't scream in his face. Don't say I know nothing about cats, i researched carefully when I got my first cat, and I would never a abuse a cat.

Also, all my cats at neutered and taken to the vet every 6 months.
Update 2: What I count as bad behaviour is basically when any cat attacks the oldest cat, Pilchard. Playing is fine, play fighting is fine, but sometimes the younger ones have in the past, not so much anymore, jumped on old pilch and made him yelp by biting him with their teeth. This made pilch upset, he retreated into... show more What I count as bad behaviour is basically when any cat attacks the oldest cat, Pilchard. Playing is fine, play fighting is fine, but sometimes the younger ones have in the past, not so much anymore, jumped on old pilch and made him yelp by biting him with their teeth. This made pilch upset, he retreated into himself and just wasnt the same. He is now happier and more respected. The other thing is biting or attacking humans. This is important as there are young children around the cats, and also a flatmate who doesn't midland our pets but obviously will not be happy if she gets bitten or clawed for no good reason.