Does the Panasonic AG-HVX200 require an xlr adapter for using a RODE NTG2 Shotgun Microphone?

I am looking into buying a professional camcorder for shooting independant films and I have two cameras on my mind, the AG-HVX200 the AG-HMC40. I see that the AG-HMC40 requires an adapter for attaching an xlr shotgun microphone and I am wondering if the AG-HVX200 requires an adapter for using a RODE NTG2 Shotgun... show more I am looking into buying a professional camcorder for shooting independant films and I have two cameras on my mind, the AG-HVX200 the AG-HMC40. I see that the AG-HMC40 requires an adapter for attaching an xlr shotgun microphone and I am wondering if the AG-HVX200 requires an adapter for using a RODE NTG2 Shotgun Microphone?

Also, if anyone has had experience with either camcorder, which one would they recommend, despite whether it requires the adapter or not?