Which diesel truck should I get?

Ok, so I've been a gas guy all my life and plane on dropping 11 or 12 grand on diesel truck I've been driving my uncles 04 f250 around and really like it . But I'm not sure if I would like duramax or dodge ram 2500 better between all 3 what would y'all's preference be I'm looking for the newer dodge like an 03 up and for a f250 maybe a 2006 but just give me some opinions and pros and cons of each

Favorite Answer

Go with FORD. My dad has alot of diesel fords and hes the manliest guy I Know.

Source(s): I wouldnt wanna mess with a guy in and f250

Dodges use Cummins V6s, meaning they produce a lot less power than the V8 Duramax or the V8 Powerstroke. For that reason alone I wouldn't consider one, not to mention Dodge makes very cheap feeling interiors and they tend to ride incredibly rough. Ford makes a very solid truck, but after the 6.0 fiasco I wouldn't trust one (for several years between I think 2003 and 2008 they outsourced a 6.0L engine that was a reliability nightmare. Some say the biggest problems were fixed after 05 but I wouldn't trust it). Older Fords with the 7.3 were absolutely wonderful, and I haven't heard any horror stories about the newer 6.4 or 6.7. However, I would choose the Duramax because they've always been solid, and Chevy quality has improved drastically in the last decade. Plus Chevrolet uses Allison transmissions, the same kind used on school buses, so you can be sure it will hold up in a truck. Finally, Chevrolet uses an independent front suspension, which you won't like if you go offroading on uneven surfaces a lot, but you will love if you stay on the road because it offers a much better ride than a solid axle.

duramax! Chevy runs deeps. Dogde has a pretty sweet diesel truck! There mega cabs are huge! the back seat is so big and comfy. I would say go to a dealership and take a peak in all three chevy, ford and dodge trucks. see what you like, test drive them. I could easily make the decision for you but your the one who has to pay for it and love it. if your gonna drop that much money make sure its something you really like! hope it helps.