Hey anti-theists, what would your reaction be if an atheist leader of your nation started?

to treat Christians the same ways that they were treated during the communist revolutions in China and Russia?

I say Anti-theist specifically because not all atheists are intolerant of others' beliefs and practices

Imprisonment

labor camps

executions

confiscation of both personal and church property

burning of bibles

beatings

torture

public humiliation

forbidden from civil service, military service, and public office

Update:

@punch: forced belief is as bad as forced disbelief, neither should EVER be tolerated

21 Answers

Relevance
  • Nous
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

Anti atheism is doing so much damage to Christianity that it is in reality anti Christianity – David Manley

It takes in reality only one to make a quarrel. It is useless for the sheep to pass resolutions in favour of vegetarianism, while the wolf remains of a different opinion. - William Ralph Inge.

Why so blind to what causes the backlash against christianity?

ALL the other religions and atheists live in peace and are ONLY attacked by BAD christians which causes all GOOD christians to despair at the damage they do!

The self destruction of Christianity is underway and the only thing that can stop it is to abandon the terrible human emotions, seek to rediscover the idea of a loving god and act like it!

Posts like yours that drive people further away from God are driving you towards hell.

So who are you working for the devil or the antichrist because it sure ain't the loving god!

• 8 years ago

First, I would remind Christians that they brought on their own persecution because of their relentless unwelcome proselytizing. Then I would fight for their rights with far greater determination than they deserve.

If Christians would just leave science to the scientists and respect other people's right to their own opinions, they'd have far fewer enemies.

• carthy
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

interior the protection of atheists, maximum atheists are superb human beings. maximum of them are style, loving, and characteristic good ethical and ethical concepts. quite a few the extra militant ones are particularly disrespectful in the direction of Theists, yet that provides us no suitable to denigrate or unwell-take care of them in reaction. I actual have met some extremely astonishing atheists in my life. I do wish that we could all be at peace with one yet another. i think of that Christians ought to take the 1st step in the direction of making peace, and take care of all others with love, compassion, understand-how, persistence, and kindness. i'm no longer saying this is elementary, i'm merely saying that it is the perfect. EDIT: whats up Witchy! (((depraved Witchy))) *performs "Witchy female" on CD via the Eagles for you

• 8 years ago

My reaction? Get some friends and use those assault rifles I've been stockpiling to lead a revolution. Government should not be able to dictate what people believe. THAT is a slippery slope.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • neil s
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

Being anti-theism does not necessarily make anyone "intolerant." Toleration does not require that we avoid criticizing people's claims.

Since belief cannot be forced, making public policy that enforces specific beliefs is pointless.

• 8 years ago

that type of behavior isn't acceptable to any rational person.

be very suspicious of people who behave like that

and remember the conditions that lead up to it as well.

note: I'll say it again, You try to think about the conditions that lead up to extreme examples like the ones you list.

edit: nobody is "forcing disbelief", but you might be mocked and asked not to influence laws using your personal fears of super beings, flying people and hell places.

• 8 years ago

This isn't a question anyone could honestly answer, because nobody knows how they would react unless actually put in such a situation, especially if their life was on the line.

• punch
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

And we all know that all Christians treat atheists so much better. My reaction would be to arrest the guy on crimes against humanity. Why do you seem to think that atheists are so heartless? We're not you know. How would YOU react if the opposite was going on? It doesn't mater because atheists aren't human?

Did you know Kim Il Sung was born to a Christian family? His father was a Baptist Minister.

• 8 years ago

James, Hitler was not a Christian. Anyone can call themselves a Christian, but

those who hurt, abuse, torture, kill and do not show love do not belong to Jesus.

• 8 years ago

In Britain now Christians are starting to be discriminated against for their beliefs. People lose their jobs for expressing their faith or making a comment (even a private one) about their thoughts on gay marriage for example.

4 cases went to the European court recently and three were "lost".

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.