SAHMs-how much do you actually play with your kids during the day?

Sometimes I worry that I don't get down & play with them enough b/c I have so much to do. I have a 4, 2, and almost 1 year old. How does your day go? Do you really spend all day interacting?

• Favorite Answer

If I had children of that age I assume they would be playing with each other a whole lot.

You SHOULD play on the floor with them for at least an hour a day, as I have read. My son never appreciated me playing with him when he was small. He did his own thing with his toys. Now that he is 4 we play catch and do crafts. He can help me cook and do laundry or dishes. At this moment he is playing his 30 minutes of his favorite lego xbox game, which has been extended to 45 minutes because he is very sick and was so good with the doctor today.

• ?

I have a 3 year old son and don't spend all day interacting with him. That would drive me mad. I spend maybe 2-3 hours total interacting with him.

It's probably a bit harder with more children but I have my son assist me with house work which he really loves. He gets to help and I get things done.

He is starting to get to an age where he prefers to play by himself instead of needing me to do it with him.

:)