How to convince parents to let me try out for club soccer?

I am 15 years old and have been playing soccer most of my life. I played rec until middle school when I joined an All Star travel team. I've also played middle school soccer and this year I'm on the JV team at my high school. I'm pretty decent but I want to get better. My travel team is going downhill and I'm no longer learning or improving on anything. I really want to try out for a real club soccer team, but my parents think its too far away to drive. The club I'm looking at is 45 mins away and we would probably have to drive 3 times a week. Can I get some good argument points as to why they should make the commitment with me and let me try out for the upcoming season? Much appreciated!

Favorite Answer

45 minutes both ways, 3 times a week is a big deal. Especially if both your parents work and you have other siblings.

I wold try to negotiate by offering up your services to try and gve back something for their time, commitment and effort, driving you all that way. Offer to cook a simple meal once or twice a week, or volunteer for additional chores around the house. Anything to make your parent's lives easier and balance out the contribution they'd be making.

If you do make it in, consider seeing if there's another club member in your local area who would be happy to maybe share a carpool arrangement.

Easy just pay your parent 5 thousand dollars they should be dancing all over the living room.