Breaking up with Boyfriend of over 3 years tonight?

Hello,

To make a long story short my boyfriend and I have been dating for 3 years and (almost) 4 months. We have talked about marriage and both do not thing it's in our future- due to basic moral differences. While he is an athiest, I am a chrisitian. He wants to have sex with me before marriage and move in together before marriage and I do not. He also doesn't want our kids to go to church, which is also a problem for me. We have many fundamental differences that are not blocking our current relationship, but definitely stand in the way of a happy future marriage. I have decided I am going to break up with him tonight and be as kind as possible. I still love him and he still makes me so happy, but I know the longer I wait the harder it will be. Do you have any post-break up tips? Things I could do to start the grieving process? I will miss him so incredibly much, but I think this is for the best...for if we aren't going to get married, it has to end at some point anyway...

any advice would be amazing.

I am young (20 years old) but this is the hardest thing i have ever had to do.

:(

Favorite Answer

You need to talk to him about it. Don't be so hardcore with your religion I mean come in? Let the kids decided. Don't bring it any farther love shouldn't be messed up with religion. Or split it in between. Really if all he wants you for is sex he's obviously not worth it! Good luck! XOXO