Can people see the dead?

Well I have this Great Grandpa who died in 2005 and 2 days before he died he was on his death bed and was very sick of cancer and he started talking to his brother saying his brothers name and he said I do not want to die yet let me have a couple more days. But the thing is his brother was dead and he was talking to him saying he wants to live a little longer. This kind of spooked me out. Now today my Great Grandma is still alive and she is pretty old like 86. My great grandma told my grandma her daughter that she had a long conversation with my great grandpa or my grandmas dad since my great grandma was talking to my grandma. Well anyways it was weird that she told them that she had a long conversation with my great grandpa and she told him that she is ready to die and be with him. Also a couple months ago she talked about how she sees his shadows and talks to him. I was just wondering are they actually seeing dead people or is it because they are old and about do die. This is kind of creepy to me and I just want to know.

Favorite Answer

I have heard and read about many stories where people who are close to death - in their last week, have seen loved ones who have passed on, and angels. There are people who can see and talk to both people who have passed on and ghosts who have missed going through the door to the Other Side.

Some people experience this all their lives. Some of them help the ghosts to pass over, and some see their dead relatives making visits to check up on them. I believe that this is a spiritual gift that some people are ready for and some are not.

I think this is something that you everyone may be able to cultivate, if they want to. There is a small percent of the population who are born seeing this.

I believe that when we get closer to the time to pass on that loved ones and angels from the Other side may be there for us and work on us to relieve our fears and help us make and easier transition that everyone makes in life - the transition to death.

Any time you are afraid, you can give that fear to God. (I do this myself) I give him the fear and ask Him to take the fear and wash it as white as snow. I ask that if it is now a "Natural" fear that I need to have, that He take it from me.

This may help. You can also pray to ask God help you to understand why you are witnessing this and help you put it in its best perspective for you and your development.

Take care.

Did you loved ones look worried when it happened?

Source(s): Life experience and wanting to know the answers.
  • ?

What happens at death is no mystery to the Creator of the brain. He knows the truth, and in his Word, the Bible, he explains the condition of the dead. Its clear teaching is this: When a person dies, he ceases to exist. Death is the opposite of life. The dead do not see or hear or think. Not even one part of us survives the death of the body. We do not possess an immortal soul or spirit.

After Solomon observed that the living know that they will die, he wrote: “As for the dead, they are conscious of nothing at all.” He then enlarged on that basic truth by saying that the dead can neither love nor hate and that “there is no work nor devising nor knowledge nor wisdom in [the grave].” (Ecclesiastes 9:5, 6, 10) Similarly, Psalm 146:4 says that when a man dies, “his thoughts do perish.” We are mortal and do not survive the death of our body. The life we enjoy is like the flame of a candle. When the flame is put out, it does not go anywhere. It is simply gone.

http://www.jw.org/en/publications/books/bible-teac...

Therefore, if someone claims to be communicating with the dead there is a danger according to the Bible described here:

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/102000522

Source(s): www.JW.org

According to my personal philosophy, I suppose its possible to see them, but unnecessary. Talking to them is much easier. The dead maintain their essence, but also have access to higher levels of wisdom. So when you're talking to them, it's kind of like your talking to them and the universe at the same time. But, once again, just a small part of my own philosophy. But don't be creeped out by it. I doubt "evil spirits" really exist. Once someone dies, they connect to their higher selves and, through that, the Source. With that kind of purity and wisdom it would be pretty damned near impossible to become some kind of evil ghost. And, regardless of all of that, if it makes them feel better, what's the harm? Hope I helped.

It would be a cute idea but No - once we die that's it - even though there is an afterlife there is no connection between the two - no ghosts or anything like that.

How can we be in paradise if we are still shackled to this world?

• NDMA

Obviously, it would be kind of silly to have a wake and funeral if you could not see the dearly departed.

Sure you can see dead people. Pathologists do it all the time.

• Donna

In my opinion, the dead are dead, so no.

• l

I SEE STUPID PEOPLE...