How badly are Republican leaders like Boehner/McConnell/Cantor taking the tanking of Gold and Hedge funds?

Since they have so much invested in them.

Update:

And since they have been trying so hard to keep the economy from recovering.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

SMSmith - that is pure desperation- even by your standards.

Yes you and your ilk have been trying to blame the Democrats for the 2008 recession - based entirely on post hoc arguments and a stunning ignorance of what actually happened.

Now you are simply rewriting history to create an argument that Republicans started to fix things.

Despite predictions of a long depression, the economy was growing again within 6 months of Obama taking office. Job losses peaked in Jan 2009 and job creation was positive again by Mar 2010 - 10 months before Republicans took over the House. And despite all the lies from the right the fact is this growth was triggered by the stimulus.

• 4 years ago

Is there some thing which you're lacking? The capability companies make investments great quantities of money on learn and progression for materials of decision capability plus the technologies to grant it. a number of this represents great threat through fact a lot of those recommendations do no longer artwork out or by no potential exchange into marketable. Hedge fund managers sit down at desks and "wager"on commodities making tens of millions of greenbacks with out having their palms grimy. The bill that replaced into defeated in the Senate replaced right into a frigging Christmas Tree. presents for anybody on the price of the yank taxpayer. It replaced into 491 pages of beef-barrel spending. somebody could crack down on the commodity investors. they're the problem suitable now. regrettably, they're all donors to the Obama campaign and that's no longer likely to take place. aside from those that John Edwards worked for. Or Chelsea Clinton. Or bill.

• 8 years ago

I'm sure Boehner/McConnell/Cantor have accountants that have made sure that they diversify their portfolios. Meanwhile, Cantor waits for Boehner to make that fatal mistake so he can take the reins of the GOP. This is cyclical in nature, but wait until the asteroid mining really takes off (pun intended) and they tow back rocks laden with precious metals back into Earth orbit, that will really make the price of Gold go down. We are not talking about a few tons or even a few thousand tons, we are talking about millions of tons. And these are asteroids that we know about, wait until prospecting is commonplace then you will see a gold rush like nothing we have ever heard of in history.

The thing to do is invest in companies that are setting this process up. The time is now to get in on the ground floor, so to speak. But the trick is to pick ones that will survive the growing pains of that future industry.

But to answer your question: I'm sure they say it's all Obama's fault. Not human greed or avarice. Not Boom/Bubble cycles. Just an incompetent Count Chocula.

• Jeff D
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

So tell us: how much do the Republican leaders have invested in Gold and Hedge Funds? Please be specific.

P.S. Congress requires financial disclosure of all assets with a fair market value greater than $1000, so this should be easy for you to look up.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

The democrats had control of congress, both houses for over 4 years. We didn't see a recovery start until the Republicans took the House.

Seems to me its the democrats that tanked the economy in the first place and since the richest people in congress happen to be democrats I would imagine they have a interest in tanking the investment funds that millions depend on for retirement.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Unfortunately, just part of Obmanomics... as is the employment picture worsens, the climbing deficit and debt and the GDP Growth Rate currently at point four percent and expected to go into the negative this quarter. When you hire an economic "experimenter," you get what you requested!

Source(s): Reality - Awareness of!
  • 8 years ago

I don't own "funds" or "futures" or anything on paper... I own gold. started buying it back when clinton wanted to turn our economy into one driven by shopping malls and teenage materialism..

...so wake me up when gold drops below the $460/oz. I paid...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.