What to name this group?

I had an idea to do a short story about a group that vanquishes vampires. What should I call them? (Preferably something in Latin)

Favorite Answer

Ideally something vague and bureaucratic, since most organizations aren't named for the tastes of your average fantasy reader. They don't have time to waste striking epic poses.

Let's run down the list of past organizations:

National Socialist German Workers Party

SchutzStaffel (Defense Corps, i.e. the SS)

Committee for State Security (KGB)

Inquisitio Haeretico Pravitatis (Inquiry on Heretical Perversity; hey, the Inquisition sounds like a mid-1800s US Congressional Committee in the original Latin)

Central Intelligence Agency (CIA)

Poor Fellow-Soldiers of Christ and of the Temple of Solomon (the Knights Templar)

Military Intelligence, Section 6 (MI-6)

The lesson? Give it an evocative nickname.

How about Ordem Sancti Sanguine Agni "the Order of the Holy Blood of the Lamb." Obvious Christian connotation that I could see the Church sponsoring, and they've got a nifty nickname: the Lambs. Doesn't that just fit perfectly against vampires?

• Latin:

The triumphatores

Ambulavi in ​​lamia

lamia auferet

German:

die Sieger

Löst die unsterbliche

zerfallen

Disintegrate Unsterblichen