How did World War II affect the status of black workers in America? Please Answer!?

I need to answer this question for my African American history class. Can someone please help me out? Thanks!

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

While the war was on, the country really needed workers badly - so Black workers were more welcomed into the work force.

• 8 years ago

Under pressure from African-American leaders, most notably union head A Philip Randolph, President Franklin Roosevelt signed an executive order forbidding racial discrimination in defense industries. The jobs created by the war allowed some African Americans to make more money then they had before and to move into more prestigious jobs, at least temporarily.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

below rigidity from African-American leaders, maximum in general union head A Philip Randolph, President Franklin Roosevelt signed an government order forbidding racial discrimination in protection industries. the jobs created by potential of potential of the warfare allowed some African individuals to earn extra money then they had previously and to head into extra prestigious jobs, in any case rapidly.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.