Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsReptiles · 8 years ago

Reptile hide sealant?

I'm getting material to make a reptile hide, but I need a sealant that's water proof and can stand high humidity.

I have a tokay gecko and in his cage I have a humidifier on. So what type of sealant can I get for it, also the only store I can go to is home depot.

Oh and of course the sealant has to be animal safe, don't want to risk my gecko dying.

• Dave
    Favorite Answer

Silicone aquarium sealant is your best bet. You can find the same stuff @ hardware stores, just make sure to look for silicone that doesn't have the "antifungal" or "antimildew" additives. Here is a site with some info on sealants safe for lizards.

http://beautifuldragons.com/Aquarium.html

it fairly is helpful for small cuts, as lengthy because it fairly is in common words used on the exterior of the floor and does no longer penetrate the wound. a kind of significant glue is used on battlefields to seal wounds.