Jordan asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 8 years ago

How can I keep my hair moisturized?!?

Hi, I recently chopped all my hair off leaving about 2 inches, I did this because my hair was completely dead after constantly relaxing, dying, straightening, crimping and curling it, (im biracial, mixed with black and white) so I have naturally curly hair and im just trying to grow it out again (past my shoulders) I cut out heat completely, no hot tools or blow dryers, and im always putting leave in conditioner in my hair and trying a bunch of products to try and moisturize it. But my hair just doesnt stay moisturized, after about 2 hours after showering and putting in product it turns dry and crunchy-like. Please give me tips on how I can fix this!

Favorite Answer

1. Baking Soda

Rinse Your Hair With Baking Soda Once a Week to Remove Build-Up

You can actually do this one of two ways: Add 2 Tbsp of baking soda to 3 cups of water. After shampooing, rinse with the baking soda water and then condition as you normally do. Or, if you have a way to keep your baking soda dry as you shower, put your shampoo in your hand (as usual) and then sprinkle a decent amount of baking soda on top of that. Then just wash your hair.

The baking soda will REALLY help clarify your hair and leave it shiny and silky – kinda like it’s brand new.

Who Should Use This: It’s okay for any hair type (especially if you only do it once a week), but it’s best served for people who have issues with hard water or product build-up, dull hair, or hair that just hangs out and doesn’t have much life to it.

2. Eggs

How to Use Eggs in Haircare

Much like the baking soda above, the quickest and easiest way to get the great egg effect for your hair is to add a beaten egg to your regular shampoo. Just whip up the egg and pour some shampoo in the bowl with it. Wash your hair as normal.

Alternatively, you could whip up one or two eggs (depending on your volume of hair) and rub them into dry hair. Cover with a towel or shower cap and leave on 15 minutes before washing out. And please heed the note below.

Make sure the water you rinse with isn’t so hot as to cook the eggs. THAT would be a mess.

Who Should Use This: People who have brittle or delicate hair – or anyone just wanting to add luster, strengthening, and moisture.

3. Molasses or Maple Syrup

How to Use Molasses or Maple Syrup on Your Hair

Pour either of these things (you can dilute the molasses with water if it’s too thick to scrub in) on dry hair. Wrap with plastic wrap or cover with a good shower cap. Leave on for 20 minutes. Wash as you normally do. Note: Please use real maple syrup or molasses – none of this “mostly high-fructose corn syrup” crud. That’s not going to help much.

Who Should Use This: People with dry hair or anyone who wants a very hearty boost of moisturizing.

Bonus: Black strap molasses, taken internally (about 2 tsp a day) can help clear up acne and strengthen hair and nails. In fact, a couple of studies have shown that daily ingestion of black strap molasses may, in fact, help alleviate hair loss and even restore hair.

4. Apple Cider Vinegar

Apple Cider Vinegar for Shiny, Bouncy Hair.

How to Use Apple Cider Vinegar on Your Hair

Add 1 Tbsp of apple cider vinegar to 2 cups of water. Shake well.

After using conditioner, just before hopping out of the shower, rinse your hair with the ACV mixture. You can either do one last rinse with water, or leave it in. As I said, the scent will disappear completely as it dries.

Take your vinegar rinse up a notch by boiling chamomile (for blonde hair), rosemary (for dark hair) or nettle (any hair color) in the water before adding the apple cider vinegar. (Just be sure to strain the herbs out before adding ACV.)

Who Should Use This: Anyone who wants a little extra clarifying or suffers from dandruff, oily scalp, or dullness. In addition, anyone who wants a little extra smoothing shine should try an ACV rinse.

5. Olive Oil

How to Use Olive Oil on Your Hair

To moisturize and strengthen: Pop 1/2 cup of olive oil in the microwave for 15 seconds (or heat on very low for a few minutes) – just until it’s warm enough to matter, but not so hot that it burns your skin. Apply to damp (not dripping!) hair. Wrap with plastic wrap or cover with a warm towel. Leave this on for 20 minutes to an hour, and then shampoo out as usual.

To smooth and shine: Put a scant 1/2 tsp of olive oil in your palms and rub. Then apply to the top of your hair, moving downward.

Who Should Use This: Everyone! Olive oil is great for any hair type and helps with pretty much any issue you may have.

You can use a deep moisturizing hair mask, but make sure to leave it on through the night and then rinse it off in the morning. Don't use any heat on your hair, and use products directed for dry hair. Don't go out into the cold air without any hair cream on, it IS really drying. Do the hair mask treatment about 1-2 times a week and you will immediately see results

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

How can I keep my hair moisturized?!?

Hi, I recently chopped all my hair off leaving about 2 inches, I did this because my hair was completely dead after constantly relaxing, dying, straightening, crimping and curling it, (im biracial, mixed with black and white) so I have naturally curly hair and im just trying to grow it out again...

Source(s): hair moisturized: https://shortly.im/AWQsF

Be open to many different product but DO NOT over use them. If you have no results in using moisturizing products, I would go to a salon stylist. I realize this can be expensive, but in my opinion it is worth it. I recently went to a stylist for tips and products to help me grow out my bangs and control my curly, frizzy hair. I am so glad that I went because now i enjoy my hair much more and it is much easier to manage. I suggest seeing a stylist :) good luck!!

• Chloe

Don't use too many products, use one and stick to it if it helps. Use sulfate, silicone, paraben and alcohol free hair products. Always check the ingredient list of the products you buy for your hair and avoid those ingredients so you can get softer and healthier hair. There's this line called pro naturals that is really good for damaged or chemically processed hair because its so gentle and it uses argan oil which is the best thing you can use on your hair. Look them up online and see if you like anything from them like shampoo, conditioner, argan oil for after a shower, hair masks, etc.

I recommend using the Paul Mitchell curl products they are all sulfate free and ultra moisturizing. There is detangling shampoo, treatment, and styling products that are frizz free and crunch free, give those a try

Source(s): blog.hypnoticsalon.com

Hello, my hair is completely dry from blow drying, curling, straightening, etc. My hair is past my chest. Its going to sound gross I know, mayonnaise. Its a natural conditioner, does my hair great if you don't mind the smell you can leave it on for as long as you want. (: