Officer Candidate School (OCS) USMC,Navy,Marine,AirForce?

I plan on taking my chances to apply to all four OCS/OTS schools. I am graduating next fall with over a 3.7 GPA in Criminal Justice from Florida Gulf Coast University. With the military budget cuts I'm sure the military is downsizing, but I still would like to see if I get accepted. Do I have any chance of getting accepted to one of the branches for OCS?

• Mrsjvb
    Favorite Answer

the Navy won't take a CJ Major unless you are looking at Aviation AND the rest of your packet is awesome.. strong leadership roles, heavy on the community involvement, team sport, etc.

After reading the other comments, just be aware that you have to pass a test to get aviation. Also, the Marine Corps fitness standards are very strict for officers. Look up the PFT and be prepared to score a 280 or better to be accepted as a Marine officer..

EDIT - Mrsjvb...you got Naval Aviation right this time! Thanks!

Navy or Marines - if you are physically qualified for the Aviation pipeline then that's a path for you. Naval and Marine Aviation do not care what your college major was as long as you have a 4-year degree with at least a 3.0 GPA.

It's not an easy path but winning Wings of Gold is an honor.

I had a BS in Psychology and spent time as a Navy Airborne Electronic Warfare Officer. Most Naval Aviators (pilots and NFOs) do NOT have technical majors.

Source(s): ***** 100% Disabled Vietnam Veteran - Former Navy Airborne Electronic Warfare Officer

Navy-no due to major.

Marine Corps: your GPA is competitive. There's a lot of other requirements that we can't speak to because you don't give us the answer.

Source(s): Active-duty Navy