Officer Candidate School (OCS) USMC,Navy,Marine,AirForce?

I plan on taking my chances to apply to all four OCS/OTS schools. I am graduating next fall with over a 3.7 GPA in Criminal Justice from Florida Gulf Coast University. With the military budget cuts I'm sure the military is downsizing, but I still would like to see if I get accepted. Do I have any chance of getting accepted to one of the branches for OCS?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Mrsjvb
    Lv 7
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

the Navy won't take a CJ Major unless you are looking at Aviation AND the rest of your packet is awesome.. strong leadership roles, heavy on the community involvement, team sport, etc.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

After reading the other comments, just be aware that you have to pass a test to get aviation. Also, the Marine Corps fitness standards are very strict for officers. Look up the PFT and be prepared to score a 280 or better to be accepted as a Marine officer..

• 8 years ago

EDIT - Mrsjvb...you got Naval Aviation right this time! Thanks!

Navy or Marines - if you are physically qualified for the Aviation pipeline then that's a path for you. Naval and Marine Aviation do not care what your college major was as long as you have a 4-year degree with at least a 3.0 GPA.

It's not an easy path but winning Wings of Gold is an honor.

I had a BS in Psychology and spent time as a Navy Airborne Electronic Warfare Officer. Most Naval Aviators (pilots and NFOs) do NOT have technical majors.

Source(s): ***** 100% Disabled Vietnam Veteran - Former Navy Airborne Electronic Warfare Officer
  • 8 years ago

Navy-no due to major.

Marine Corps: your GPA is competitive. There's a lot of other requirements that we can't speak to because you don't give us the answer.

Source(s): Active-duty Navy
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.