How much trouble am I in?

Back in October I was taken to the drunk tank in Warren Co. Ky. After I left they never said another word to me I was never contacted, and to be honest I don't even remember the events of that night. Fast forward to last week, I was pulled over and the officer told me I had a warrant out for my arrest and took me to prison, I was released on a $5000 bail. After I was released I contacted Warren Co. and they informed me I was charged with Criminal Mischief 1st, 2nd, and 3rd degree, this is my first offense. I have contacted an attorney but he hasn't told me much on what he expects from the court case. Can you tell me what I have in store for me and if I'm going to end up in prison?

Favorite Answer

you may go to jail

If your attorney is good and this is your first offense, you are not likely to get any jail time. 1st degree criminal mischief is, I think a class D felony, so obviously you'll want to fight it. More than likely, your lawyer will get all of the charges dismissed or plead you down to the lowest of the charges (which are misdemeanors). I'm guessing you must have destroyed something when you were drunk.

You'll probably end up paying a fine, paying court costs and legal fees, but I would bet money that you won't see the inside of a prison cell for this.

if i were you i would probably flee the country cause your looking at about 25yrs in prinson (at the least). Good luck, but if you don't flee the country then start watching prison break (its on netflix) cause you're gonna want to have an escape plan ready once your in jail.

Source(s): I escaped jail and am now living happily in panama