Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 8 years ago

Am i Pregant ? When is the best time to take a home pregnacy ?

Me and my partner had unprotected sex on 04/09/13 and my period was suppose to come on 04/10/13 but I still haven't gotten it , Am I pregnant.? I went to the doctor today 04/15/13 they took me A urine pregnancy test but they said is negative, they said since I missed my period to take a home pregnancy test in a month , but I really wanna know if I'm pregnant , Is Their a chance I'm pregnant? When is the best time to take a pregnancy test ?

• Liz

The best time to take a test is after you miss your period with your first morning urine. If your period was due on 4/10 and you are pregnant, you would have gotten pregnant around March 26th. You generally are fertile about 14 days before your period (give or take a day or two).

The doctor is right, sweetheart. You are going to have to wait until your next period is due, and test again. It doesn't exactly sound as though you could be, as because you had sex the day before your last period was due, you'd have already passed your fertile days and ovulation day. Reasons for young women's periods to become irregular isn't just a pregnancy symptom, it can be stress related, illness, excessive exercise, etc. I know you're anxious and you want to know what's going on but waiting is the only way to go, try and distract yourself with friends, a good book.. Stressing will not help your period come.

At least 2 weeks after the unprotected but may take up to a month to be acurate

• Angel

if you are pregnant it hasnt happened yet if you had sex on the 9th. you may get an accurate postive reading in 2-3 weeks.

after your missed period