Skyrim: Falling through world?

I recently purchased a new version of Skyrim after my old one broke, i kept all saved data so that i would not have to remake my character. I put the disk in and saw that the game read the data and i thought all was well, i then downloaded the Skyrim DLC and patches and proceeded to play the game on my PS3. After i loaded my save though i appeared in a barren blueish landscape with me falling forever, occasionally pots and swords would appear next to me or even NPC's. I tried each one of my saves and found that the bug was the same for every single one. So my question is does anyone know how to successfully defeat this bug that causes the character to fall through the world? A solution that does not involve me starting a new playthrough would be most appreciated, if there is not solution then nuts.

Favorite Answer

Well, I'm going to tell you why this is happening and how, and then I'm giving you a suggestion on how to fix it:

So, they made changes to the game (added new update/patches) and they've changed the coordinates of the game or moved the ground up or down in their level design tool and now you are spawning under collision or you're just spawning in a place without terrain and all you can see is the skybox.

To fix this, try to delete the game entirely (but save your.. saved games) and try it then. Just load the game at the LAST patch/update you've saved it the last time. Otherwise, I can't see a solution, I'm sorry.

Source(s): i'm a game/level designer
  • hukill

Let's put it this manner... You're about 2/3rds of the way in which through the fundamental quest however no where near completing the entire content material available. I've played it for round a hundred forty five hours so far and still have now not completed the whole lot.

I suggest u delete the DLC and see if it works then. If it does then it was just a bad installation on the DLC. Try reinstalling it and then your issue could possibly be resolved.