I consider my self Ethiopian is this bad?

Hello I'm Ethiopian on my moms side (we know this from my grandfather on her side) and black (unknown exactly where from due to slavery). I am also slightly Native American and white ( only about 1/7 though) but I'm mostly dark sort of like milk chocolate so when people say like what are you I just say Ethiopian is this bad?

Favorite Answer

Why would it be 'bad'?

It is not bad at all. If you do not feel comfortable saying you're Ethiopian then tell them you're African.

But if you were born and raised in the US, you are american, just like any other american.

I was told by an Ethiopian that Ethiopia is the only country in Africa that was not dominated and colonised by the white man. Ethiopia also has a distinct calendar which runs about four years different from the rest of the world too. Quite an independent country. So you have things to be proud of.