I have an audi a4 2004 quattro and when I drive it up a hill it slows down and will barely make it up the hill?

Is it my turbo?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

To the other user who told you to get rid of it, you should do research when buying any used/new car to be informed about possible costs of maintenance. The timing belt/water pump repair is necessary on every 1.8T engine, and you overpaid. I only paid 600$ for my '04's timing belt replacement. There could be a dozen different things causing this kind of power loss. Go to your local Audi/VW repair shop and take the mechanic on a test drive with you and demonstrate the problem to him. Good luck.

Source(s): Experience. Own 2004 A4.
  • 8 years ago

Get rid of it. Audis have constant problems and the parts cost double of any other car. Unless you are wealthy, buy a Toyota Camry (they are bulletproof solid cars,) Honda Accord, or any other Honda. Just today I shelled out 1250.00 on a timing belt and water pump on my 2001 Audi A4 1.8t. And it only has 110,000k on it. I have replaced numerous sensors and had to replace my instrument cluster. Audis are sensored up the a**.

• 8 years ago

Try shifting down in gears. Is it revving up or bogging down?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.