I have an audi a4 2004 quattro and when I drive it up a hill it slows down and will barely make it up the hill?

Is it my turbo?

Favorite Answer

To the other user who told you to get rid of it, you should do research when buying any used/new car to be informed about possible costs of maintenance. The timing belt/water pump repair is necessary on every 1.8T engine, and you overpaid. I only paid 600$ for my '04's timing belt replacement. There could be a dozen different things causing this kind of power loss. Go to your local Audi/VW repair shop and take the mechanic on a test drive with you and demonstrate the problem to him. Good luck.

Source(s): Experience. Own 2004 A4.

Get rid of it. Audis have constant problems and the parts cost double of any other car. Unless you are wealthy, buy a Toyota Camry (they are bulletproof solid cars,) Honda Accord, or any other Honda. Just today I shelled out 1250.00 on a timing belt and water pump on my 2001 Audi A4 1.8t. And it only has 110,000k on it. I have replaced numerous sensors and had to replace my instrument cluster. Audis are sensored up the a**.

Try shifting down in gears. Is it revving up or bogging down?