Am i being a bad person? 10 points?

I'm a junior in highschool. I just really don't like school at all , but i do have good grades and i'm really smart. but most of the time i'm just don't talk at all and sometimes i think that people might think that i'm an arrogant person that doesn't like to talk. I do talk alot but outside the school , i just don't like talking to my classmates when the teacher is giving a lesson. I just want to get my work done and get a good grade. am i being a bad person for doing this??. just making sure i'm not an antisocial person. I do talk when people talk to me or when i want to talk. i'm scared because today a girl thought i was ignoring her but i was on my phone and she'll probably say to everybody bad things about me and i don't really want that. Should i start talking to people at school?.

Favorite Answer

Don't be so hard on yourself. Of course you're not being a bad person for not wanting to chat in class for your own good and for the grades. But if you really want people to get a better image of you 'socially', I would advise you start chatting around with friends during recess or at the gate. That's what I did and it worked.

Hope I helped. :)

Source(s): Same experience

There is nothing wrong with wanting to get good grades. Don't worry what people think, if they think bad against you, it's their problem, there is nothing worse than going out of your way to change how you act because of other people you will never even see again once you leave school, especially when they probably won't even appreciate it. I bet you that they wouldn't like it if you were trying to speak to them when they were trying to do something else. There is a huge difference between arrogance and quiet. If you were being arrogant you wouldn't even consider to ask people on this about it in the first place.

And if that girl says anything bad about you, think, has she got anything better to do with her time than to spread false rumours.

You are doing nothing wrong, I wound say to continue as you are.

If only the world had more people such as yourself...

Source(s): My personal experience (I'm the same type of person)

"I just want to get my work done and get a good grade. am i being a bad person for doing this??"

No! School isn't for socializing, I wish my son would stop talking in class. You're doing the right thing, your grades are more important than people thinking you might be arrogant. Keep up the good work.

Source(s): Parent/ Experience

You don't have to do anything you don't want to do. People will always talk crap becayse they have nothing better to do with their life. I personally feel you have the right to talk when you want to and f* what peiple have to say. Keep up the good grades in school just know that the a*holes that made fun andtalked crap of you today oone day could end up young and pregnant or working a low life job & the quite guy who people talked crap of will be the one with the big business or the doctors degree or whatever. (: repeat after me EFF WHAT PEOPLE THINK! lol' & ignore the crack head who told you to do crack -.-

Source(s): Life

Try talking a little bit when your doing work if someone try's talking to you when you are using your phone put the phone down and listen to what they are saying

• A A

Yes because ppl will start thinking your weird/ or quiet in general

Source(s): Personal experience

Try doing crack

No you're not at all.

you should be yourself.