How did you come out to your parents (les,gay,bi,whatever)?

How did you come out?

Last week I was sitting with my mom talking about random girly or personal things and somehow we ended up on the subject of the gay parade in July.

I asked her since we weren't marching in it (we did two years ago in the atheists section) could I at least do body paint, she asked of what, I told her stripes of pink-yellow-blue. She asked me what that was and I hesitantly told her it was the flag for pansexuals. She nodded and the conversation changed to our plans for hiking (which is tonight).

I was reading about an hour later when she came into my room, sat down beside me, gave me a bear hug and told me she was proud of me. '

Then she cried. I gave her tea. We watched Kung Fu Hustle together.

That was how I came out.

?- She said that they were happy tears. She is really an emotional woman. But that wasn't the question.

Oh, sorry, Sean. It listed you as ?.

• Wes
    Favorite Answer

oh that's super sweet.

I haven't come out to anyone but myself(I'm bisexual), I could say its because I don't feel its anyone's business, but deep down I think its because I'm scared, not of the reaction I'm going to get, but more because once I do tell someone then there is no going back, It becomes more real and I don't want to be swallowed up be my sexual orientation, I don't want people to see me as just another bisexual.

I believe that people who come out are truly strong people, even if they think differently. I know that sooner or later i'm going to have to tell someone, not because I feel I should but because I feel like the more I wait or put it off the more time it has so consume me, and that is the opposite of what I want.

so I guess this isn't really my coming out story, but a prolog hahaha.

Cried? did you ask her what was the matter.

I am straight