My 17th birthday is coming up and I don't know what car to get.?

My parents told me that I can either have my dad's 2009 lexus es350 sedan or I can get a new SUV (around 30-35k). One reason I'm not sure about if I want my dad's car is because it's so low to the ground. If I get an SUV, it's tall and it comes with all this new technology (rearview camera, navigation...) and panoramic sunroof that my dad's car doesn't have. If I was to get an SUV, I was thinking about the Hyundai Santa Fe Sport. Other options are the Volkswagen Tiguan, Honda CRV, Ford Escape, Nissan Rogue and other SUVs under 35k. An advantage for the lexus, though, is that it is a lot smaller and it's a more luxurious car than any SUV i would get. I want to make sure that whatever car I get would be nice for now and for when I go to college. What vehicle do you think I should get?

Oh, they were also wondering if I should get a hybrid. If so, which one?

And I only want a 5 passenger vehicle

Favorite Answer

The Lexus is almost new but if you really want a new car...

For $35,000

Jeep Grand Cherokee

Honda CRV

Honda Pilot

Dodge Durango

Audi Q5

Toyota Highlander

Ford explorer

BMW X1

Source(s): I had a similar budget when getting my first car. I ended up taking my dad's Mercedes-Benz gl550
  • SP

30-35k budget for a 17 year old teenager. Talk about completely spoiled.

I don't understand why you're looking at these crap SUV models though.

You can easily afford a 2010 Mercedes M-Class or BMW X5. Daddy will pay for everything anyway, take advantage of it while you can.

Insane....

Lexus.

• David

Get a KIA. KIA all the way!! Optima, Soul, Rio, Sportage, Forte, Cadenza, those are all real nice ones