will this work for weight loss?

Okay, So i'm 17, approx 148lbs and just about 5ft9 (and a girl)

between now and the 1st September, I intend to lose around 20-25lbs so i can have my final year of 6th form at a happy weight.

So, at school for the summer term, I do sport 3 times a week (rounders twice and cricket once) and do each for an our each time. And this is how it will be until the end of june, when summer holidays begin. Once the summer holidays have begun i have prepared a route that is just over 3 miles (3.2) long which in the holidays i plan to use at least three times a week. So first question, what is best for weight loss? walking? power walking? jogging? running?

With this, starting on the 17th (when i go back to school for the summer term), I will be eating healthy and trying to cut out as much junk food as possible without making myself have uncontrollable binges. So I am thinking of cutting my calorie intake to around 1200-1500.. does that seem a good idea?

Also, i know its not much but my school is like on a massive hill so throughout the day, walking back and forth to lessons and on sport days walking down to the sports fields i walk around 20-45 minutes in total but i dont think that will really effect anything as its all broken up into short intervals and stuff.

So with my sport 3 times a week and healthy eating between now and the end of june, will i lose any weight? and then after that, with the continued healthy eating and doing the 3 mile route at least 3 times a week is my goal achievable?

thank you for any help :)

any other advice is welcome too

Favorite Answer

Yes, that's a great way to lose weight. I lost 20 pounds in 1 month just by eating Fruits, Vegetables, Meat and Fish. I did no exercise at all. Also, drink lot's of water!

use the freezer to add some extra oomph to summer foods freeze grapes for some bite sized delights or get a popsicle mold and freeze some greek yogurt with berries

wear comfortable shoes or keep flats under your desk so you walk more

eat vegetables to help you feel full

reduce your plate size