What is the best paying job for a 14 year old?

What is the best paying job for a fourteen year old, in Oklahoma? I need a job to raise money to buy make family gifts for birthdays, holidays, etc. I also would like to save up for college and a car. I used to babysit but the money didn't work out and I have been scammed a couple times in doing that. Also I don't get paid for chores and I do those because I enjoy it. When I was looking up jobs my sister brought up a good point, my sensitive skin would break out like mad working at a fast food restaurant! So I am really lost at what I can do. Your suggestions are very appreciated, thank you. :)

Favorite Answer

Most jobs you need to be at least 16. So just wait till then.

Firstly, you have an excellent work ethic that will likely serve you very well in life!

The only thing you can really do at 14 are odd jobs like mowing grass, walking dogs, babysitting, etc. It's inconsistent, but it can pay well! Good luck!

• daveta

you are going to be able to could be somewhat imaginative, considering the fact that maximum places won't hire you till you're a minimum of sixteen. i might easily be doing somewhat "networking" with the aid of kin and family members, reliable friends. Then attitude domestically owned small companies and inquire.....continually be truthful, tell them the hours you're attainable and so on. in case you like babysitting, why no longer make up some "flyers" and submit them domestically. it can't be elementary, yet i will inform you that i improve into interior the comparable place, and landed a role at 8 years of age, it improve into till now college each morning 7 days each week, in spite of the undeniable fact that it "in good shape the bill".

• Sue F

Legally, no employer can hire you until the age of sixteen. You can look up the child labor laws in your area.

Check with your schools guidance department, they will be able to tell you the laws in your area.

Have a good day.

Cashier volunteering at your work. Of interest for the future chores at home baby sitting dog walking paper delivery

Shouldn't you be more interested in working hard at school?

• Rob

probably none.

check your state child labor laws.

any u get will be minimum wages

and few hours.

Source(s): employer