Is the USA really a free country or not?

I agree that someone should have background checks and licenses for guns, but law makers are going overboard with this bs about gun control (it takes guns out of law abiding citizens' hands, but criminals will carry them illegally anyway; but now, i heard that some states have problems with carrying concealed knives of a certain length. What the heck is that?! So first, start limiting guns and doing overreactionary gun control laws, but now we can't carry knives? I carry a spring knife that is 4 1/2 inches. So, if i want to move to a state because i like it (like Massachusetts or New York), now i (as a responsible and law abiding citizen) can't carry a knife that is 1 to 2 inches too big, and just for the purposes of self-defense and the fact that this is America? If the constitution guarantees the right to bare arms (guns), then anything less like a concealed knife should be no problem. I love this country and want it to be free. Here are my questions: Are stupid knife limitation laws in states like Massachusetts or New York (i might wanna move to 1 of these states) gonna go away any time soon and are they even enforced? If someone protects themselves with them in a situation against criminals/attackers, would they see it as self-defense or would they get in trouble just because of a knife and be charged with weapon assault or more? Is the USA really a free country or not? Tnx. :)

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

yes, as long as you keep your mouth shut

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

These knife laws are really old. It's been illegal to carry an eight-inch switchblade for pretty much my entire life.

In fact, the first concealed weapons law in the United States was a law against concealing a sword in your cane - centuries ago.

And no, there's no such thing as a "free country," because every "freedom to" contradicts a "freedom from." If you gain the freedom to keep a Bengal tiger in your backyard in the suburbs, you lose the freedom from being mauled by escaped tigers.

• k w
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

I feel like a tax slave

they gave our blue collar jobs to china and we are floundering

one of our dollars fluxuates in value somewhere between

0.032258064516129 cents and 0.0357142857142857 cents

we buy a house only to find out we are a renter

much of the world is in bondage to the international bankers

Source(s): read the congressional record by congressman mcfadden, and lindbergh http://www.archive.org/stream/CongressmanMcfaddenO... or http://archive.org/download/CongressmanMcfaddenOnT...
  • 8 years ago

"Free" is one of those words that is hard to define, right? Free as in: Free from financial worries? Free from laws? Mandations? Free from the government? Free to make personal choices? Free of fear? Free from your mother_in_law? LOL

Anyway, it is difficult to define.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

Oh...Not this again. It is not a free country because Tea Partiers have ruined that!

• 8 years ago

No, not these days.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.