Easy Emily Dickinson poems to memorize and understand?

i need this for school.

Favorite Answer

I'm nobody

Who are you?

Are you nobody, too?

Then there's a pair of us.

Don't tell; they'd banish us, you know.

How dreary to be somebody.

How public, like a frog.

To tell your name the livelong day

To an admiring bog.

It's very easy to memorize--I did this from memory just now--and I think the meaning is pretty clear. Let's just say she wouldn't think much of twitter and facebook where people are constantly talking about themselves. She wants to be a "nobody."

The poem "I Felt A Funeral In My brain" it is only a comparison of a funeral atmosphere with her intellectual state. I felt a Funeral, in my brain, And Mourners backward and forward saved treading - treading - till it appeared That sense was once breaking through - And after they all were seated, A provider, like a Drum - kept beating - beating - until I inspiration My mind was going numb - and then I heard them raise a box And creak across my Soul With these identical Boots of Lead, again, Then space - started to toll, As all the Heavens have been a Bell, And Being, but an Ear, and i, and Silence, some unusual Race Wrecked, solitary, right here - after which a Plank in reason, broke, and that i dropped down, and down - And hit a global, at each plunge, And finished figuring out - then - --Emily Dickinson--