please help! dss question ssd question?

i just quit my job last sunday because i couldn't handle the way i was being treated by my supervisor any longer and i went to dss to get some help and was i got snap that day had another appointment the next day for help and they put a temporary sanction on my case till i got state men ts ETC ect and i have manic bi polar disorder along with anxiety , panic attacks , depression and i told them an out why i quit and my mental issues they set up an appointment for an evaluation to see if i can even handle a working job since im an emotional wreck and move on to today i had my appointment and the lady /doctor was very nice i told how i felt and my job to job because of my issues and she told me not to worry and she told me there gonna get me treatment and told me i wont be working does this mean im getting disability i mean shes telling me i wont be working and if u were there it seemed as if there gona be helping me please help and btw i am applying for full assistance.

• Judith
    Best Answer

Assistance from the state due to a disability is not the same thing as disability from social security (a federal agency). It is MUCH more difficult to get ssi disability or social security disability benefits and the fact that you were approved for some type of benefits via DSS is no indication that you can expect to be approved by social security. But it does sound like you will be eligible for DSS assistance.

Source(s): I was a social security claims rep for 32 years.

full assistance through any state is not the same as SSI

some states have general assistance.. others don't... we don't have any way of knowing what you can expect