Did your teachers ever threaten to beat you with a wet noodle?

In elementary (Catholic) school, my teachers would occasionally threaten to whack us with a wet noodle when the class was being unruly. What exactly is a "wet noodle"?

Favorite Answer

My teacher didn't, but I'm familiar with the phrase. It was used by an advice colomnist named Ann Landers (Dear Abby's sister) when referring to someone who should be punished but not really.

yeah you've considered those pool toys pronounced as Noodles in the previous have not you? the position you could slide them less than your arm pits and drift round on it. I were hit with a damp easily one of those in the previous.

no but my teacher calls us gravy sucking pigs all the time. she calls other people that make her mad that too. like the track coaches. she has threatened us that she will cut our arms off and beat us with the bloody stumps though. and that she will hang us by our ears. SHE is my FAVORITE teacher:)

A wet noodle is a dick...

yes...i have beaten by my teachers alot when i ws in school.....rubbish days of school