How do you comfort your girlfriend when her best friend committed suicide?

Im in a long distance relationship and I have no idea what to do.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago

Stay with her and let her know that you'll be there for her if she needs it. Just listen to her so she can get her feelings out when she's ready to share them. Don't say things like, "I know how it feels", or "It's going to be okay" because that's not always true. Just give her time to slowly accept the fact that her friend is gone and support her the whole way through. She's going through a tough time and it's hard since you're not physically there to give her a hug or visit her. Just do what you can from the distance you're at.

• 5 years ago

Its difficult to know what to do in a situation like this but it is obvious that she needs help and finding her with a razor in her hand and talking like that is a cry for help. She probably feels alone and you seem to be a very caring and understanding boyfriend she needs to go to her doctor so they can arrange some thearapy/ counselling session for help she obviosly has issues from the past that need resolving but at the end of the day the only person that can help her is herself all you can do is be there for her and try to convince her that life is worth living and that you love her very much and all you want for her is to see that she gets better if you see her behaviour getting worse i would tell her dad she may hate you for doing this but when shes better she will thank you i hope everything works out and she seeks help to gets better*

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Be sincere... I mean, unless you're a psychopath or simply incapable of empathy that shouldn't be too hard. Sometimes, the best thing you can do is be a good listener, that means truly processing what you're hearing and analyzing your reaction. Geeze, it's like I"m teaching being human. >.<

• 8 years ago

let he know your there for here when she needs to cry on someones's sholder. place urself next to here make here know that u care for what happened. people die everyday somepeople die inside DONT let ur gf be that person

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.