JAM. asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 8 years ago

I started to work out, and I have gained weight?

So, I started doing that insanity workout thing, and at first it looked pretty good and I didn't see many results, but I feel better now. They weren't major or anything, but just this weekend I was feeling really down so I binged just a little (I don't do this all of the time)...well I hopped on the scale today and it says I weigh 20 pounds heavier than before my workout? I mean I'm not sure if my scale is even accurate (I put a 10 pound weight on it and it said 6. And sometimes, it's over the 0 too...) but I am FREAKING OUT. I don't think I look any more fat or anything...but why have I gained so much weight? I am only 5'41/2! And almost done growing! What did I do? UGH

And I know muscle weighs more than fat, but 20 whole pounds? I'm not the most strong person around...

Favorite Answer

Muscle weighs more than fat, so when you work out you'll weigh more, but will also be more defined