GAY CHRISTIAN? Please help with parents!?!?

So, I live in a very Christian family. My grandfather is a southern baptist preacher, and I'm gay, they say that God hates me and I'm goin to hell, and it really hurts because its not what I believe! They have no right to tell me I'm goin to hell, every sin is equal and God judges them all the same I thought? But I have been suicidal multiple times and I really need help, I have been gay since before I knew what it meant, I remember being 5 or 6 and thinking how cute the same gender was, it's not something that I chose, I couldn't have made the choice if I didn't know what it was. They sent me to a counselor on different occasions and tried to change me but nothing works, it won't change in me! I need help please!!!!!!

Favorite Answer

Tell your parents "it ain't your job to judge and it aint your job to decide if im going to hell or not and if you don't love me for who I want to be in my life (not yours) then I'm gonna pray to the mighty lord himself to either make y'all quit doing the lords job or get me out of this family" some Christians are ignorant thinking they can do gods job. Well son I will say Im straight and believe in god but I don't care if your straight, gay, black, or white. As long as your nice to me I'll be your friend

This website may help you: http://thegreatgaydebate.com/ It is the only website (that I know of) that argues (and responds to) both side of the argument in an unbiased manner. Unfortunately, arguing with them is probably pointless because they have already made up their minds as to what the Bible says concerning homosexuality, even if you show them that certain passages have been translated incorrectly.

For example, did you know that Paul was the first person, ever, to use an ancient Greek word within a list of vices that in 1946 was suddenly translated to mean "male homosexuality?" http://thegreatgaydebate.com/homosexuality_gay_sin...

Interesting fact: Other ancient Greek words existed that he could have used which referred to male homosexuality! http://thegreatgaydebate.com/greek_words_homosexua...

Yeah, it makes a person wonder.....

Anyway, I'm sorry that you have to go through this at such a young age. I can't imagine how hard it is for you. You might have to lie to them about your sexuality for a little bit (tell them that you had a change of heart?) until you are able to move out of the house (go to college? or get a job?) and be on your own. However, until then, you will be better informed of the truth if you check out the website. Please don't think that God hates you too (I can't stand it when Christians spout off that nonsense). It's simply not biblically-supported.

Okay it sounds like first before you do anything you need to find a support system (friends, teachers, anyone as long as your safe ;P) There is nothing wrong with you being gay and if you can it would be best to get out of that situation. Maybe try to write your feelings in a letter or tell them to keep their opinions to them selves. Make a strong argument as well. It will probably take time for them to accept you as you are but, I suggest you stay strong. All they speak is words and words can be overcome. All you have to know is that you aren't going to hell and that's that.

Keep strong

Sorry if my answer was a bit scattered

im in THE same exact situation. my dad is a preacher and my parents say the same things. ive also been suicidal. but what helps me is to think about my life in the future. i think about me and my gf and we go to the park and have a picnic with out dog and were so happy together. thats what keeps me alive. just take it one day at a time. and work ur *** off so that someday u can live far away from them and be free of their judgments. it gets better, i promise u.

Source(s): experience

God or whatever higher being is up there, does NOT hate you! Christians are so damn judgmental! All they do is look down on people, when in fact, they are the ones with the problems. If they don't understand your lifestyle then you don't need those types of individuals in your life. Good luck kiddo!

I think that it is so sad that they make you feel that way. I have really distanced myself from the church because of this issue and others, but I am a christian, and I believe that you deserve to be happy and God wants you to be happy. He doesn't hate you, He loves you. It's important that you can accept this about yourself and love it. I think love is beautiful no matter who it is between. You'll find your place, and I hope they can come to realize that your still you no matter who you love. Don't try to change. You don't need to, they do!