Spoiler alert if you haven't read Hunger Games, but is anyone else still mad about the series' ending?

The 'whole point' of the series was that Katniss offered herself as a tribute, knowing she'd most likely die, so that her little sister wouldn't die in the Hunger Games.

And then Primrose dies.

What was the author THINKING when they killed her off??? What in the world is supposed to be the message of the series? "Don't sacrifice yourself for anything you believe in, because in the end everything you value gets destroyed anyway"?

• hobo

The whole "point" was simply that Katniss loved her family, acted selflessly, and fought bravely. Honestly, Primrose's character was barely a margin of text. The only reason you feel anything for her is because Katniss did. The trilogy was about Katniss--her love, her bravery, her growth as a person. Primrose was just the beginning and the end.

And all that is just the smaller scale of things. The bigger purpose of anything was freeing the districts from the president and ending the Hunger Games forever. Which was very successful, in spite the number of people left dead at the end.

• Angela

I was a little disappointed but still liked Mockingjay. I think the point being made is that even when the odds are insurmountably bad, that you still must do everything in your power to save those you love. I am mad that Prim had to die, but the books wouldn't be believable at all if there were any fewer deaths. You can kind of relate it to the wars our country has experienced. You might try to save someone you love and it may never be enough but you MUST try anyway! I hope what I'm saying makes sense to you. I was/am a little disappointed but as I said, I still liked the book.

no longer in all probability ruined.. whether you examine a spoiler you may shrug it off and luxuriate interior the story, the way it gets there etc. i be responsive to the form you sense, and that i've got been spoiled some fantastically considerable plot twist in TMI recently lol, yet whether I already knew that section something of the e book nevertheless develop into exciting and new in all aspects

The author was thinking that people die in war/rebellions. It would've been unrealistic if nobody Katniss cared about had died.

The book is supposed to hold to the fact that it is a cruel world, and that the fate of lives is so unpredictable.

Sort of dark concept, but that's the world.

• A User

If you think the message was supposed to be "sacrifice yourself", then you've missed the point entirely.