why is nothing scary anymore WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?

i used to be the biggest ******* scaredy cat on the planet when i was younger like 'scary movies' were my least favorite thing and i avoided them at all costs

but now just a few years later i watch scary movies all the time and they r pretty much the only movies i actually want to watch (i prefer thriller or psychological horrors rather than lots of blood and gore but still)

AND I WATCHED EVIL DEAD WITH M FRIENDS they were all scared like actually terrified and i felt nothing like i thought it was so tame compared to what i was expecting, one of them said they had nightmares afterwards and that literally used to be me when i was younger but noW IM NOT EVEN SCARED

AND ALSO i was watching this guy do video game tutorials on youtube and one of them was a horror and there was a ******* jumpscare and he almost cried and everyone in the comments was freaking out saying how bad it was I LITERALLY DID NOT EVEN FLINCH WHEN IT HAPPENED NOT EVEN A LITTLE BIT IT WAS NOTHING TO ME

NOTHING SCARES ME

EXCEPT ONE THING

AND THAT'S MR. MEATY

BUT THAT"S ANOTHER STORy ENTIRELY AND COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT

whaTS WRONG WITH ME

HELP

I WANT TO FEEL SOMETHING MAYBE

Favorite Answer

These are kiddy movies, no actual real dude gets scared from them

If you want to be scared watch the spanish movie Rec alone in the middle of the night in a dark room.

man i am exactly the same as you, when i was little i used to be so terrified of doctor who that i couldnt sleep properly for weeks, the same thing happened when i watched the trailer for the human centipede when i was eleven, but now it's getting beyond the joke. i will purposely seek out some of the worst films out there and i mean **** like both human centipedes and a serbian film, along with your classics slashers and new flicks like the cabin in the woods, and i have not been scared by a single one of them. i guess we're just desensitized, which could be a good thing! but i dont understand how you were so unaffected by a jump sacre like those are the worse. but whatever, just embrace how you are because i'm sure a lot of people would rather be unaffected by stuff than have nightmares for months after them!

You probably just got used to the scary feeling, and became desensitized.

Try watching something scarier then THE EVIL DEAD to get that scared feeling back.

I feel like this too ,things make me jump but don't scare me ... I'm also suffering with depression and I guess I think I would be happy if I was killed as long as it is fairly quick xxxxxx

It probably isn't scary because you know it is fake and that it will never happen to you or because there are worse things that can happen