How to get over being man crazy...?

Ever since I was...somewhere around 4 or 5, I've been boy crazy. There has always been some boy that I find myself lusting after for years at a time, ones that were often unattainable. (Some were gay, some were famous, some were a mental amalgamation of what I think I want.) Either way, a lot of people look at it like a fun, teen problem but at 25, I feel like I should be over it. None the less, I feel myself latching on to someone new every few years and creating fantasy worlds where everything is perfect. The weird thing is, my life is pretty amazing. I love the people in it, I have a steady boyfriend (who will never live up to the idea of what I think I want...hence the issue with fantasy), and I'm doing what I love. I can't figure out how to get out of my head so much and just appreciate the present.

Any tips? Aside from see a psychologist...they don't seem to help a whole lot. And it seems near impossible to Google 'boy crazy' without being linked to seventeen magazine articles.

Just for the record...the fantasy worlds are more like day dreams.

My girl is into the fantasy "happily ever after" stuff too. I had to explain to her that life is not a fantasy. If it were we wouldn't call it day to day life but day to day fantasy. No relationship is gonna be paradise. And noones life is peaches and cream all the time. As far as ur attachment to all these guys...u should focus on other things like...ur boyfriend. Does he know ur boy crazy? Does it bother him? Also ur career at 25 is important. Just focus on important things that will get u somewhere in life. Not a fantasy world that, frankly, is unattainable. Hope this helps. Now go kiss ur man!

Source(s): My life