Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 8 years ago

My family abuses me and I don't know how to deal with it?

I don't know what to do anymore I just turned 13 and my brother learned karate years ago and now he's 16 but he always beat me up when my parents were gone or when my dad was asleep (he works 3rd shift) now he does it in front of them and they usually don't even do anything anymore because he's such a brat. Now my dad is hitting me too and I can't take it anymore it feels like no one cares about me except my mom and it rarely feels like she even cares I just wanna die I'm so tired of this! I think my parents are actually afraid of my brother btw. But today we were leaving the grocery store and the trunk was full because my brothers guitar was in it so they were trying to put everything in the back seat with me even though there was room with my brother and not a lot with me so I asked nicely if it could go with him and they started screaming at me and my dad shouted throughout the parking lot "WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU!?" And everyone was staring and I started crying and in the car they started complaining about me and asking what the hell my problem was and when we got home I was getting out of the car and my brother was waiting to punch me and he grabbed me and through my on the ground and started punching me and the neighbors were out and then I ran inside and my dad tried to kick me and I called my mom and she's busy working so she doesn't care and she's losing her job in a while and I'm afraid we won't have anything when she does and I'm just upset and I hate my life right now.

Sorry ths is so long thanks :)

Favorite Answer

I know how you feel, I had the same problem with my family, but my brother was younger than me, my parents always seemed to bow to his way. Understand that you are a victim of abuse. There is never a reason or excuse that is good enough or that justifies abuse. Hear is a number I found that you could call for professional help. 1-800-4-A-CHILD (1-800-422-4453). The longer you allow them to continue treating you this way the easier it is for them to do so.

I suggest you start keeping a detailed journal, even now writing down any specific events when you were abused, write down day and time, express how you felt. Call the number and ask a professional.

Hey, I have never really been abused by anyone but I am a human and we are about the same age. I'm so sorry for what's happening to you First of all, stay strong and you might not think so but MANY people care. Secondly contact authorities (police, school administration, etc) I know they are your family and you love them but it's for the best or you'll end up being beaten 24/7. Lastly, talk to someone, a school teacher, etc. I would choose an adult someone you trust but make sure they have no relationships with your parents in other words make sure they don't know your parents because that could get you into more trouble with them. I honestly wish I could give you more advice but this is all I could think of, stay strong, and contact someone. Don't let it haunt you because that's worse.

Hey man hang in there call the cops or try to stay outside where there is witnesses in school tell your counselor and talk to her/him hang in there buddy 5 more years till you can leave that hell hole.

Don't kill yourself. Get ur brother in arm bar or learn pressure points. Start lifting weights but if u do don't lift to much. Ur still growing. Just start to hit ur brother back

call social services or go to a hospital and tell them you have marks from abuse and need them to help.