Air rifle kill squirrel?

I got my very first kill with an air rifle i feel bad because it wasnt a pest and i im not eating it should i feel bad will god punish me?

P.S this question is only for men who hunt game

I meant to say pellet gun

Favorite Answer

You're going to Hell.

I hunt all kinds of animals such as deer and I never feel bad, however I always eat what I kill. I never just shoot animals for fun so if I was you just stick to target shooting untill you can shoot something that you can eat. I think I understand why you feel bad, You might of had a bad shot and let the squirrel die in pain. If this is the case just make sure next time you get a good shot or up the caliber. I never hunt anything with pellet guns, .22s or .17s. But if you want to hunt with lower powered gun you need to understand that it will not always be a clean kill.

I have been in your exact position with a pellet gun, especially if it was a Gamo big cat 1200. I thought it would be cool but after wards I felt horrible and guilty because the squirrel didn't do anything to me. I will tell you one thing though, it changes you, just like they say prison changes men forever. I went home afterwards and said many prayers for this animal and after such an experience I realized that it is in our nature to do such things and I knew next time if it ever happened again which it didn't because this experience made me a much more responsible person, I would not be as sorry for it as I am now. It made me more inured to things like death and suffering even though I still believe they are both horrible things. And to be honest, owning a pellet gun is a big responsibility and it should not be abused.

Source(s): My experiences

It seems you are already starting to hunt now, but if you really want to make a serious game of hunting go get a better gun, and get yourself ready for the wild experience. You could also get yourself a serious job in this field of hunting. You can set off with a guided hunt if you are not yet sure where to go, and what things to do.

That must of been painful... being shot full of plastic balls until you die...

If your going to kill something, don't do it with an air soft...

dude its fine...God is a very forgiving person anyways