Where can We eat in Disneyland or California Adventure?

We want a sit down restaurant with good food for picky eaters. Please Help us! Any specific food you recommend?

Favorite Answer

I personally like getting out of the parks for a bit and going to the rainforest cafe in downtown disney or there is the storybook cafe kinda attached to the disneyland hotel. Both have a great menu and are relaxing with awesome food. Have fun!!!

Source(s): Disneyland pass holder

Ahh..We are there like every week. Each year Passholders. Disneyland Park under there's a mexican resturant proper via thunder moutain..They've a high-quality Salad and carry Flavored Waters within the bottle. It has an out door patio discipline included and uncovered so that you could have some excellent colour. Gadgets that you may go on Tiki Room Jungle Cruise Haunted Mansion Poohs Honey Pot experience (ooh there's a first-rate chocolate store proper next to pooh bear which have the most important chocolate blanketed strawberries) all the kiddie rides of path Small World you can be ready to enjoy the in theater suggests The Monerail Tram The train ride The the following day land innovations and of path the searching and parades You might also get an autograph e-book and go round having the characters signal it and date it in part and reward it to your unbornchild..Great trinket to preserve for them. California Adventures under a little more difficult they have a few inside theater indicates however no longer a lot else. Its more of a reasonable rides. I experience it alot lower than disneyland while I was pregnant. You can also revel in Downtown Disney alot more and there's even a movie theater there incase you must take an indoor sit down spoil at the same time the others enjoy the rides. Just remeber to get your hand stamp..They require both the ticket and the stamp now to get again into the park. I hope this helps.

• OC1999

What do you mean "picky eaters"? Do you have a special diet? Do you just want "American" food? Do you just not like Chicken?

If you want "safe" restaurants, there are a few that will have more "American" Standards. But these may not necessarily be the best restaurants. Where you would actually be better off eating at either one of the Downtown Disney Restaurants or going across Harbor Blvd and going to iHOP or Mimi's Cafe. Here are some restaurants you may want to look at.

Disneyland:

Carnation Cafe

CA Adventure:

Wine Country Trattoria

Downtown Disney:

ESPN Zone

Rain Forest Cafe

Naples

Disneyland Hotel

Goofy's Kitchen - Buffet

Grand Californian

Storyteller's - Buffet or Regular Menu

• Mel A.

Like the other person said, Downtown Disney has some really good sit-down restaurants. My favorite is ESPN Zone because there's really good food and I love sports haha.

Here's a link from the Disneyland website with all of the restaurants in Downtown Disney.

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/dining/list/#/down...

And just in case you don't know, Downtown Disney is very close to both parks (it's pretty much connected). It's a little before the entrances to both parks. Have fun!

Source(s): Sandy Ego livin'

I really enjoyed the Jolly Holiday Cafe in Disneyland----I LOVED their grilled cheese and tomato basil soup. Ahhhh, such a creamy, hot soup, I need some more :) My boyfriend fell in love (as in, we went back about 3 times) to the Bengal BBQ: He loves their bacon-wrapped asparagus and the chicken skewers I had were amazing too. You need to find some spots to sit and eat, but it's worth it. I also love Redd Rockett's Pizza Port, good pizza. Sorry, I am not up to speed about California Adventure's dining options. Have fun, wish I were there today.

Please define "picky eaters". Adults? Toddlers?

Disneyland:

If you have toddlers, I would take them to Carnation Cafe inside Disneyland:

Main Street Macaroni & Cheese - A hearty and cheesy portion of tender macaroni, served with baby carrots and seasonal fresh fruit. $6.99

Smucker's Peanut Butter Painter's Palette - Create your favorite peanut butter sandwich from a palette of marshmallows, raisins, bananas and Smucker's grape jelly with a side of seasonal fresh fruit. $6.99

Carnation Café Dogs - Juicy turkey frank, cradled in a warm hot dog bun, served with baby carrots and seasonal fresh fruit. $6.99

The PBJ Pallette was a fav of ours for years, it kept our toddler busy for 20 blissful minutes: 10 to make the sandwich, and another 10 to eat it.

Full service.

Plaza Inn, in the hub of Disneyland, has great fried chicken. Free refills on drinks. Cafeteria-style service.

Cafe Orleans is one of our favs. Not only can you get the Monte Cristo sandwich for adults, but they have delicious Mickey-shaped beignets, and super pommes frites (french fries with sprinkles of garlic and cheese). The kids meals include chicken legs or mac & cheese. Full service. Eat outside, it's fun to people-watch.

True story: I once heard a cast member on Davey Crockett's Explorer Canoes say the following: "Ladies and gentlemen, on your left is the Country Bear Restaurant, where the food is so good they feed it to the ducks." Truer words were never spoken. Take heed. I know it's counter service, but beware anyway.

Redd Rockett's Pizza Port: Decent pizza, not terrible. We really like the salads here. And the free refills on drinks. Cafeteria-style service.

California Adventure:

I've not been a fan of Ariel's restaurant. Even with the character interaction, I have trouble paying the prix fixe ($17 for a McDonald's-quality burger). But some really like it.

Flo's V-8 Cafe is our favorite in DCA. Good diner-style food. And we love eating on the back patio, where you can relax and watch the cars drive by on Radiator Springs Racers. Counter service.

Boardwalk Pizza & Pasta should be good for the picky ones. Like Pizza Port, it's cafeteria style with a good selection of pizza, pasta, and salads. And you can get refills. The newly redesigned outdoor seating is nice. And there's a nice Mediterranian place next door, where you can get a kabob.

Hotels in the Resort:

For picky kids, the best meal would be the character meals at Goofy's Kitchen in the Disneyland Hotel. It's a buffet, and characters come around to your table. The food is better than average but not great. However, the character interaction more than makes up for it.

StoryTELLER Cafe also has a good buffet, but their only character meal is breakfast. However, our kids always liked the selection here. Tastier than Goofy's Kitchen, IMO. Full service, with buffet option.

Downtown Disney:

I like the decor of Rainforest Cafe in Downtown Disney, but you're paying top dollar for so-so food.

ESPN Sportzone is also so-so food at high prices. If you love watching sports, then you don't notice the food.

Naples has great Italian food. The pizza is the best.

Don Jose has some fancier Mexican food. Not sure the picky eaters will go for it.

House of Blues has good American food & BBQ.

Jazz Kitchen is Cajun, and I love going here with my family. My youngest has developed a rather broad palate, and will try many things. We have found that the fried shrimp at the "Express" window is tasty, quick, and has a decent price. And the beignets here are delicious.

Source(s): Can you tell I've been there 448 times since I got my passes?

If the Monorail is working that day, take it to Downtown Disney, and eat there. More options, better pricing. They got pizza, Mexican, bakery, American, Italian, ice cream, everything.

Whatever you do, and trust me on this...stay away from Rain Forest Cafe. Outrageous prices for awful food

Go to Denny's before you go into Disney. It will be a lot cheaper and of similar quality.