brian asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 8 years ago

Why is pulp fiction so popular and loved?

I'm not saying it's a bad movie but it's not really that great, the only things that really make this film good is the dialogue and soundtrack, there isn't really a great memorable story line with deep character development.

What do you guys think?

• Favorite Answer

Its an iconic film that instantly became a classic and the one that best exemplified "the Tarantino style."

The multiple interesting 3 dimensional characterization intertwined in a connecting storyline mixed with realistic raw dialogue and action really made this something very new to audiences who were used to any one of those (big maybe) but certainly never so\ much in one film. Also the aesthetics of the film were brilliant but subtle.

Last but not least, the soundtrack of forgotten classics (something else you'll find in early Tarantino films) really drove the whole thing forward

"there isn't really a great memorable story line with deep character development."

That's like saying a chocolate bar doesn't have enough chocolate in it. That movie is loaded with character development and a memorable story line. EVERY scene is memorable, and EVERY scene is full of amazing dialogue. One of the reasons I love it is because it feels REAL. Random things happen that change the direction the plot is heading. It's genius.

Character development isn't what it's about. The dialogue was important, not to mention the context of when it was released. It's more about pure cinema, not telling a story. This is just your opinion, too. I mean that movie's reputation doesn't depend on one opinionated dude.

I think you hit the nail on the head. The best part of the movie, IMO, is the dialogue. Pure genius! But I wouldn't call this film a masterpiece, just really entertaining.

• Cooper

Because at the time it was different the dialog wass different it was just banter nothing that really moved the story ahead it was just people doing things

I agree, it wasn't bad. But to be considered as the greatest film of all time no ways.

Because Marsellus Wallace don't like to be f*cked by anybody except Mrs. Wallace.

its a classic with so good actors and great story.

Fad/cult. Like many bad movies.

it has so many great actors in it and it was different. it was amusing and interesting and not your typical gangster shoot 'em up movie!