how do i copywrite my music?

im a pretty good rap artist and i dont want anybody stealing lines from my work. so what is the cheapest way to copywrite my work. and do u have to be a certain age to copywrite music?

Favorite Answer

Under the Berne Convention, copyright is automatically granted once a work is placed in a tangible form (such as written lyrics or recorded singing). However, if you are in the US and want to take legal action against someone who has infringed your copyright, you must register the work with the US Copyright Office. Registration costs a minimum of $35 per work (online filing) and there are no age restrictions.

Other countries typically do not require registration, but registration is still recommended.

mail the lyrics or a reproduction of the CD to your self, yet do not open it. i imagine the date that it change into received on the submit workplace or some thing is stamped onto the envelope, so that you've evidence of even as the song change into written.

• Trekker guy is right. It's not expensive and can be done online. Don't listen to the "music patent" suggestion.