How do I contribute to Ubuntu with programming?

I program mostly in Java and PHP/MySQL, but I have wrote C++ programs before, the basics anyway. What do I need to know to be able to contribute, and where would I learn about developing C++ on Linux because I used to use Visual Studio... I was thinking if I could just do something simple to start like bug squashing, that would help me learn C++ to a greater degree (and fix those random annoying bugs :P)

I was specifically thinking of Unity, but anything really that would give me some experience. I have a couple of software ideas in mind, but I was hoping to get some experience working on some already existing projects first.

Favorite Answer

Well there is programming laguagwes on linux i use what you need toknow to contribute you mean apart of the operating system making or just software games etc well i have made a few games for it im not sure how you get them on the software center though but otherwise if thats what you mean go on the main page of ununtu and click contribute

Source(s): Me using linux