what is nothing how does the universe come from nothing?

by definition nothing can not exist I mean Christians always ask how did the universe come from nothing I just say what's nothing who has to be something right nothing much just be a human concept like god.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

That is the meaning of the word "create": Something from absolutely nothing. Only God the Creator Father can do this.

• 8 years ago

Have you got a rational explanation for the fact that the universe exists?

It could be some version of:

1 an illusion (but has been proven false),

2 it could be self existent and eternal (but this is not what most science theories suggest),

3 it could be self created (but the basis for this is illogical - to create itself it must have existed - self creation is absurd by definition as it requires to be, before it is.

From nothing, comes nothing. The theories opposing this are illogical.

4 an eternal uncreated Creator created it - it is not God of the gaps, it is a rational conclusion. IN MY OPINION - this option is the most logical.

If you don't agree with me that's fine - just be honest with yourself when you consider the alternatives and don't base your answer on theories that goes against sound science and rationality.

• 8 years ago

How does the universe come from nothing? There ain't no such animal as "nothing".

Pascal's Wager? You can't fake belief.

Why are atheists in R&S? Because questions are asked of them.

Atheists: If God is real, what will you say to him on Judgment Day? Not enough evidence.

Atheists: If you found out God were real, would you worship him? The Eiffel tower is real, do you worship that?

If evolution is true, why are there still monkeys? If most Americans came from Europe, why are there still Europeans?

If there's no god, why is murder wrong? Because every person capable of a moment's coherent thought realises that it is.

All morality comes from the Bible? Tell the ancient Greeks, Chinese, Romans, Indians that.

Evolution is "just a theory". When you can distinguish between a fact and a theory, you might understand.

The Big Bang was an explosion? Not according to physicists.

Source(s): FAQ
  • 8 years ago

-If the Universe needs a creator, why doesn't god?

If god doesn't need a creator, why does the Universe ?-

The Physics of Nothing By JOHN TIERNEY

A dispatch from my colleague Dennis Overbye:

As fans of the late, great “Seinfeld,” know, there is a lot to say about nothing.

At the World Science Festival Thursday night, four physicists spent nearly two hours under the jocular and irreverent grilling radio broadcaster John Hockenberry, cohost of “The Takeaway,” and barely scratched the surface of the void that is the background or perhaps the platform of all our experience. They did in the end offer an answer to the question that has plagued philosophers and scientists: Why is there something rather than nothing at all?

“Nothing is unstable,” Frank Wilczek, a physicist and Nobel laureate from MIT, finally said to a general murmur of agreement of his colleagues on stage, John Barrow of Cambridge University in England, Paul Davies of Arizona State and George Ellis of the University of Cape Town in South Africa.

Given a chance, nature will make nothingness boil with activity.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

i'm rarely a scientist, yet i think of I actually have a logical theory. How do you be attentive to that there became no longer something 20 billion years in the past? according to hazard there became no longer something... aside from all the problem interior the present universe that became coalesced in one factor, a tiny little ball, which at last collapsed below its very own weight, and growth! Universe. Come to think of of it, i've got heard that theory someplace else, before. what's it called, returned? Oh yeah. the super BANG theory. base line, who informed you that there became ever no longer something? And apart from, the place did god come from? And if the super bang theory have been incorrect, why does god hence grow to be the only different available explanation? And why YOUR god? How the hell do you be attentive to that the Flying Spaghetti Monster did no longer do it? R'amen.

• 8 years ago

I think that's the same type of question as 'if there is a creator then who created the creator?'.

• "by definition nothing can not exist"

Tell us how this is so and we'll see if your argument is valid.

Source(s): PA--Professor of Religious Studies
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.