Is it selfish and mean to be scared, frustrated, depressed, & uncomfortable when your single parent starts to?

Date?

Update:

I'm not trying to split them up.

2 Answers

Relevance
  • James
    Lv 4
    8 years ago

Actually no. It is normal to fear the unknown. Possible change in your life or lifestyle, if that parent falls in love, is a very scary situation. But, no matter how much you love that parent or that parent loves you, you are not the only companionship a single parent needs. An adult needs different companionship that a child just cannot provide.

Think about a TV show where the main characters are a man and a woman. You know they like each other but never admit it or do anything about it. After two or three years of watching you start asking "Why don't they kiss. They want to kiss so why don't they just do it". Well, that's similar to kind of adult companionship the single parent wants to have.

Think of the being scared, frustrated, depressed and uncomfortable as a Sows ear. You may not be able to make it into a silk purse but it can be used as a really good flavoring agent for a great tasting meal.

• Carly
    Lv 4
    8 years ago

It's only selfish if you try and stop them, just remember that your parent has a life of there own aswell.

edit; i didnt say you were, i was saying its only selfish if you do that and/or be off with your parent about it.

you will feel like that, it's normal you just need to get used to it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.