why asked in TravelUnited StatesDenver · 8 years ago

Is denver.CO extremely racist?

ok i understand that every state and city has racist people an past. im thinking about moving to Denver and want to know the truth not the sugar coated stuff people write because its there state and they dont want it to look bad. so if your black keep it real, if your white just be honest about your state. basically if im out with the wife and kids do i have to worry about getting dirty looks, horrible service, mistreatement, being called names, ect. when i think of denver i think of old whites saying, "fetch my water boy". or "pick up your food from the back". lol I have a college education so i know how to communicate and conduct myself around "THE MAN" ? 2. Are the whites of denver racist against The Black Man or ****** theres a big difference if u didn't know. (if u need me to explain just ask). because even i dont like ****** ? 3. just a general ? do u guys think latinos and Mexicans have taking the role of blacks in racism.

Favorite Answer

I live in Aurora, a Denver suburb, and have 2 black children and 2 white children. The only time I have encountered any type racism was years ago from an older black woman. I have been to several cities in several states and I think Denver is the least racist we have encountered. I think you would be happy here. Hope it all works out for you.

OMG YES! I moved here from Chicago about 3 years ago and boy oh boy do I wish I could move. The thing about Denver is the people that are racist don t even probably think they re behaving in a racist way. If you go to the bar expect to wait if you have brown skin, just saying. Most of my encounters with people have been pretty negative, and the people are very rude. Id say just keep going to California, that s where I think Ill be moving soon :)

• india

I'm not black, but I've been to Denver. People in Denver are insanely rude. When I go to Denver, I hear as much Spanish spoken as I hear English, along with many other languages. I have not experienced much racism in Denver, but I have a feeling that you're looking for it. If you go out of your way to see racism, you won't be disappointed.

• Miotch

Some of the eastern towns can be. Denver and the mountains will be fine. If you're from the east coast, you know what the black population is like and what the latino population is like out there. Well, here it's basically swapped. I'm sure California is a little different.

Once you get up in Denver adventure awaits you and with hotelbye could be the first faltering step to this phenomenal adventure. In Denver you are able to examine the enormous, fortress-like Denver Art Museum. This memorial includes a large collection; variety that includes: American Indian, African, European, Asian, and Oceanic, Spanish colonial and pre-Columbian works. The remodelled American Indian galleries are specially remarkable, covering a broad array of countries and tribes from the United States and Canada. That intensive collection has obtained a status all through North America, with parts that span 2,000 years of history. In that memorial you can even discover a separate gallery focused on photography. The Denver Art Museum has grabbed the eye with its unique style, influenced by the peaks of the Rugged Mountains.

Denver currently has a black mayor. In the recent past we have has another black mayor and an Hispanic mayor. We have a healthy variety of black, brown, male and female city council people. Denver is as racist as you want to make it. If you have attitude and looks for slights and the wrong looks - you will see racism. Otherwise you won't.

10 Miles East of downtown denver is where you want to stay out of to avoid racism.

no longer racist yet very sheltered and closed off. We in basic terms assume too plenty with out even doing, the information superhighway lies to us and as does the media. The media right here desires to attempt and make us have self belief that Asians are all nerdy, Blacks are all thugs, Latinos are all illegals and to be certain that the three communities to artwork their way up in society they could marry Whites. basically, the media endorses and advocates White supremacy to at the instant and that rubs off on the plenty. So usually an Asian woman could be too scared as much as now a Black through fact of what her mom would say, a Hispanic woman could be too scared as much as now an Asian through fact her acquaintances would make relaxing of her for it, and a Black woman would me too scared as much as now a center jap guy through fact her acquaintances would call her each and every of the words in the e book and make jokes with regards to the couple for it. no longer racist yet as individuals we fall into stereotypes and truthfully have self belief them on a similar time as Canadians and Western Europeans usually in basic terms overlook approximately them and are available to a call others according to what they see.

There are rude people everywhere and there are racists everywhere you go.

Also, depending on which area of the city you live in, your experience might vary.

I suggest you go visit it for a week or two & if you feel right when you're there.

Source(s): Moved across the world

Always when I ask a question, even if its the simplest one, they cannot offer me a proper informed answer here. what happened to people who really make the effort to write an answer?