Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 8 years ago

What are some good books to read?

I know, I know, this is an incredibly broad question. But let me expand in the description.

I'm a college kid and also in the military and I want to maintain my status of "intellectual". Therefore, I'm not interested in fantasy or even fiction, let alone sensual. I want some books to read that should be read by everyone and that I can learn from. Like I said, I'm in the military as a tank crewman and also open to reading military genres.

I hate literature like Shakespeare and stuff. Huck Finn is about the most advanced reading I can pull off on my own, anything more difficult and I start repeating sentences and paragraphs and end up nowhere.

Currently, I'm about half way through The Prince by Macchiavelli

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Rose D
    Lv 7
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

You should try The Art of War by Sun Tzu.

• 8 years ago

The Last Myth: What the Rise of Apocalyptic Thinking Tells Us about America by Mathew Barrett Gross and Mel Gilles

Honestly, I'm more of a fiction/fantasy person myself, but I found this book fascinating. It's not a difficult book, but it looks at American culture and the development of the idea of the apocalypse from a perspective we don't usually see as people who are living in this era right now. I think it will definitely keep you thinking, and I highly recommend it.

• 8 years ago

Read history and historical biography. Impress your friends and profs.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.