Joan asked in SportsBaseball · 8 years ago

would u do this fantasy trade?

i need second basemen and short stops so would u do this i would give up ryan braun and david price for brandon philips ian kinsler and norichika aoki

Favorite Answer

You are giving up too much and I would not do the deal as you have identified. Try working it a different way involving Phillips only for someone other than Braun or Price.

That is a terrible trade. Braun is typically a top 5 fantasy hitter. David Price is typically a top 10 starter. Phillips is only going to give you around .280/15HR/15SB, nothing entirely special. Kinsler has batted around .250 for three of the last four seasons. Yeah he'll give you homers and SB outta that 2B role which is rare, but hes not a phenominal hitter overall and his RBI totals are not as high as you would think, only around 70. Aoki is a great hitter, but won't give you a whole lot outside of SB.

You are given up two studs for three quality players.

Seriously? I'm by no means a Braun fan -- I don't like juicers -- but there;s no denying he's one of the top outfielders in the game today. And Price is easily a Top 10 starting pitcher. I wouldn't trade either of them but if I did I'd expect to get far more than a couple of good but not great 2nd baseman and a scrub outfielder.

No, that's a terrible trade. Braun and Price are both top 5 value in their positions.

No - I would not make that trade.

check out some lower level 2B and/or short stops.

You would be giving up the best outfielder and one of the top 5 pitchers.