Hotpoint HSS25GFTC WW refrigerator/freezer not working?

Yesterday I noticed most of the things in my freezer are thawing out. My ice maker stopped making ice, and even if I put the temperature setting all the way to 9, nothing happens. Everything in the fridge seems like it is cold, but I'm not sure if it is properly working either. The water dispenser still puts out water, but for the life of me I can't figure out why the freezer won't get cold enough anymore. There is nothing blocking the door, and it is closed all the way. I've left it for 24 hours and came back and it is still not freezing. Any suggestions?

I really don't want to have to call GE and pay them $80 just to come out and charge me a million more dollars just to fix the problem if it is something simple..

Favorite Answer

How old is it? If you don't know, post the serial number. That has a motherboard in it that controls everything, including temperature. It's most likely either that or compressor related. The motherboard is #801 on the following diagram.

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-m...

Source(s): 16 years in appliance sales and service